Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Composer Don Davis Gets Inside the Sounds of 'The Matrix'
The Matrix is near its 14th year anniversary. When released in 1999, the film was heralded for its action, storyline, and special effects. However, another important element to The Matrix was its score created by composer Don Davis.
Using a full orchestra, Davis created the music behind the blockbuster film. On Saturday, Davis will be conducting the Chattanooga Symphony at the Tivoli Theater for the Matrix Live. The movie will be screened while Don Davis and the CSO perform the score. Don Davis spoke to WUTC about composing a film score and how he found inspiration through the journey of Neo, Morpheus, and Trinity.