Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Cooking with Local Kohlrabi and Fennel
Have you ever cooked with vegetables such as kohlrabi, fennel, or swiss chard? These are just a few of the ingredients commonly used in the new cookbook series from Gaining Ground. The cookbook series is called Eat Up, and the Spring Edition is available at many local farmer markets in the area.
Using recipes from the cookbook, Gaining Ground will be sponsoring cooking demonstrations throughout the month of June. The next demonstration is June 2nd at Brainerd Farmers' Market from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Amateur chef and WUTC producer Garrett Crowe prepared one of the recipes from the cookbook.