Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Cooking with Local Kohlrabi and Fennel
Have you ever cooked with vegetables such as kohlrabi, fennel, or swiss chard? These are just a few of the ingredients commonly used in the new cookbook series from Gaining Ground. The cookbook series is called Eat Up, and the Spring Edition is available at many local farmer markets in the area.
Using recipes from the cookbook, Gaining Ground will be sponsoring cooking demonstrations throughout the month of June. The next demonstration is June 2nd at Brainerd Farmers' Market from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Amateur chef and WUTC producer Garrett Crowe prepared one of the recipes from the cookbook.