Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Couple Charges Rental Property Is Haunted
Originally published on Tue April 17, 2012 7:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A couple in Tom's River, New Jersey say they need out of their rental property because it's already occupied - or possessed. Jose Chinchilla and Michele Callan say they hear strange noises and something tugs on their bed sheets. They sued the landlord to get their security deposit back. They even called in paranormal researchers, who found the house a little short of haunted. And the landlord countersued, saying the tenants just don't want to pay the rent. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.