Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Around the Nation
Couple Charges Rental Property Is Haunted
Originally published on Tue April 17, 2012 7:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. A couple in Tom's River, New Jersey say they need out of their rental property because it's already occupied - or possessed. Jose Chinchilla and Michele Callan say they hear strange noises and something tugs on their bed sheets. They sued the landlord to get their security deposit back. They even called in paranormal researchers, who found the house a little short of haunted. And the landlord countersued, saying the tenants just don't want to pay the rent. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.