Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
Court Clears Way For Terror Suspect To Be Sent From U.K. To U.S.
"After a legal battle covering several years in each case, five suspected terrorists, including radical cleric Abu Hamza al-Masri will be extradited to the U.S, U.K. judges have ruled." And, the BBC adds, Britain's Home Office "said it welcomed the High Court's decision. 'We are now working to extradite these men as quickly as possible,' a spokesman said."
The cleric is wanted in the U.S. "for allegedly trying to set up a terrorist training camp in Oregon."
As we reported last month, Queen Elizabeth II herself wanted him to be sent to the U.S. for prosecution.