Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga to Perform 'Requiem for the Living'
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
Arts & Culture
‘Dark Princess Theatre’ Podcast Blends Horror & Comedy
Produced in Chattanooga, Dark Princess Theatre is a serialized audio play set in the fictitious town of Ashwood, where the undead Lady Gwendolyn, her psychotic butler Aleistaire, a semi-retired Southern Grim Reaper and other characters live together in the spooky Hourglass Manor. Sometimes Lovecraftian, sometimes Seinfeldian, the show skewers genre tropes.
Hope Holloway (who plays Lady Gwendolyn) and Marcus Ellsworth (headwriter/Aleistaire) join us to talk about the podcast, which is available at their Web site and through iTunes.
In addition to the podcast, they put on live performances.
From their Web site:
Dark Princess Theatre is a Horror Hosting/Live Interactive Event/Multimedia/Performing Troupe centered around the misadventures and murderous intentions of the undead Lady Gwendolyn and her house full of monsters. Performing in the Chattanooga, TN area but primarily located in the little known town of Ashwood. Don't worry, you've probably never been there. If you have, you probably wouldn't be reading this. Not with your eyes anyway. No. They wouldn't be your eyes anymore.