Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Davy Jones Of The Monkees Has Died
Originally published on Wed February 29, 2012 3:08 pm
Davy Jones, who thrilled many a young girl's heart back in the '60s as a member of the Monkees, has died.
TMZ broke the news. It reports being told by the medical examiner's office in Martin County, Fla., of the 66-year-old singer's death. The English-born Jones apparently lived in that part of Florida.
And NPR has now received a statement from a spokesman for the singer, relaying "the very sad news that Davy Jones of the Monkees died this morning in Indiantown, Fla., of a heart attack." We've also confirmed the news with the local medical examiner's office.
Now might be a good time for everyone to hum a little Daydream Believer.
Our friends over at The Record will have more.
The other three Monkees — Micky Dolenz, Mike Nesmith and Peter Tork — are still with us.
Update at 3:10 p.m. ET: The Record's post is now on the blog.