Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Delta Queen Fans Face Uncertain Future
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – The Delta Queen is a new part of our city, but some people have loved it for decades. Some fans travel hundreds of miles just to stay on the Delta Queen Steamboat.
It's amazing, talking to this small but devoted group of fans, and hearing about their history with the boat. I went there last week, and I was surprised at how far some people had traveled for a Delta Queen rally.