Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Demons In Dixie
Demons Invade Atlanta; Riley Blackthorne Gets Busy
Set in a future Atlanta, the Demon Trappers books combine a bleak, bankrupt future with elements of urban fantasy--demons, magic and the walking dead. The premise sounds dark, but the series is actually a fun, fast-paced read starring seventeen-year-old Riley Blackthorne, whose job involves hunting and trapping demonic pests. The series is marketed as young adult, but it's winning many adult readers.
In this interview, author Jana Oliver discusses the world she created, the appeal of bleak futures in fiction and reactions from readers. The first two books, The Demon Trapper's Daughter and Soul Thief, were published last year. Forgiven will come out March 27th.