Most Active Stories
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Nerd Wars Becomes Geek Noosphere
- Bill Allowing Americans To Unlock Cellphones Passes House, Heads To Obama
Demons In Dixie
Demons Invade Atlanta; Riley Blackthorne Gets Busy
Set in a future Atlanta, the Demon Trappers books combine a bleak, bankrupt future with elements of urban fantasy--demons, magic and the walking dead. The premise sounds dark, but the series is actually a fun, fast-paced read starring seventeen-year-old Riley Blackthorne, whose job involves hunting and trapping demonic pests. The series is marketed as young adult, but it's winning many adult readers.
In this interview, author Jana Oliver discusses the world she created, the appeal of bleak futures in fiction and reactions from readers. The first two books, The Demon Trapper's Daughter and Soul Thief, were published last year. Forgiven will come out March 27th.