Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Demons In Dixie
Demons Invade Atlanta; Riley Blackthorne Gets Busy
Set in a future Atlanta, the Demon Trappers books combine a bleak, bankrupt future with elements of urban fantasy--demons, magic and the walking dead. The premise sounds dark, but the series is actually a fun, fast-paced read starring seventeen-year-old Riley Blackthorne, whose job involves hunting and trapping demonic pests. The series is marketed as young adult, but it's winning many adult readers.
In this interview, author Jana Oliver discusses the world she created, the appeal of bleak futures in fiction and reactions from readers. The first two books, The Demon Trapper's Daughter and Soul Thief, were published last year. Forgiven will come out March 27th.