Most Active Stories
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Oxford American Examines The Music of Tennessee
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
Around the Nation
Designers To Put Homer Simpson's Car To The Test
Originally published on Fri June 28, 2013 7:13 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene.
"Simpsons" fans might remember an episode where Homer designs a car. It's a puke-green monstrosity with tail fins, extra-large drink holders and a bubble dome to keep kids separated. Well, they couldn't resist. Some automotive designers built a real car based on Homer's epic design.
(SOUNDBITE OF TV SHOW, "THE SIMPSONS")
DAN CASTELLANETA: (as Homer Simpson) D'oh.
GREENE: It may not be powerful like a gorilla, yet soft and yielding like a Nerf ball, as Homer described his, but they'll put it to the test tomorrow in California.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.