Most Active Stories
- School Stabbing Suspect Was 'Nice Young Boy,' Attorney Says
- ‘We Are a Country of Cults’: A Conversation with Jonestown Survivor Laura Kohl
- Stereotypes Of Appalachia Obscure A Diverse Picture
- A Look at 'A Life,' as Chattanooga's First Major Film Festival Begins
- UTC Conference Addresses Youth Sports Injuries
Alternate Transportation Day
A Different Ride
Challenging students and teachers at Ivy Academy to find alternate transportation to school on Earth Day meant bringing out the bicycles or walking to school.
Ivy Academy is known for a hands on approach to education and focus on environment. For one day everyone at the school found an alternative mode of transportation. For some that meant walking to the school and others enjoyed bicycling the distance. There were car pools and some of the teachers rode the school bus instead of driving. They may repeat this exercise more often than just once annually but for this one day everyone at Ivy Academy was thinking about the environmental impact of their daily commute.