Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
Alternate Transportation Day
A Different Ride
Challenging students and teachers at Ivy Academy to find alternate transportation to school on Earth Day meant bringing out the bicycles or walking to school.
Ivy Academy is known for a hands on approach to education and focus on environment. For one day everyone at the school found an alternative mode of transportation. For some that meant walking to the school and others enjoyed bicycling the distance. There were car pools and some of the teachers rode the school bus instead of driving. They may repeat this exercise more often than just once annually but for this one day everyone at Ivy Academy was thinking about the environmental impact of their daily commute.