Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Alternate Transportation Day
A Different Ride
Challenging students and teachers at Ivy Academy to find alternate transportation to school on Earth Day meant bringing out the bicycles or walking to school.
Ivy Academy is known for a hands on approach to education and focus on environment. For one day everyone at the school found an alternative mode of transportation. For some that meant walking to the school and others enjoyed bicycling the distance. There were car pools and some of the teachers rode the school bus instead of driving. They may repeat this exercise more often than just once annually but for this one day everyone at Ivy Academy was thinking about the environmental impact of their daily commute.