Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Dinosaurs:Land of Fire and Ice
Dinosaurs at the Creative Discovery Museum
The second floor of the Creative Discovery Museum has traveled back in time and is now inhabited by dinosaurs! The visiting exhibit Dinosaurs:Land of Fire and Ice provides multiple stations exploring life for the dinosaurs in the warm climate of a prehistoric Minnesota and the snowy landscape of Alaska.
Children can explore the boggy humid world and meet some herbivores in the Land of Fire. They can take a break under the volcano and read about the fascinating world of dinosaurs, then emerge into the Land of Ice and explore a dig site in search of fossils. The exhibit opened January 19, 2013 and will remain in Chattanooga until May 12, 2013.