Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Dinosaurs:Land of Fire and Ice
Dinosaurs at the Creative Discovery Museum
The second floor of the Creative Discovery Museum has traveled back in time and is now inhabited by dinosaurs! The visiting exhibit Dinosaurs:Land of Fire and Ice provides multiple stations exploring life for the dinosaurs in the warm climate of a prehistoric Minnesota and the snowy landscape of Alaska.
Children can explore the boggy humid world and meet some herbivores in the Land of Fire. They can take a break under the volcano and read about the fascinating world of dinosaurs, then emerge into the Land of Ice and explore a dig site in search of fossils. The exhibit opened January 19, 2013 and will remain in Chattanooga until May 12, 2013.