Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
'Listening With Eyes'
Do You Need to Attend Defensive Hearing School?
Let My People Hear is a nonprofit organization that helps deaf and hearing impaired people communicate through skills taught at Defensive Hearing School.
Courses focus on lip reading, protection and prevention of further hearing loss, and advocacy to ensure more successful communication skills. Teenagers and youth are the largest growing population experiencing hearing loss. Currently Let My People Hear is working with schools and youth organizations seeking people that could benefit from the information they provide. Defensive Hearing Courses center around lip reading instruction and making sure the people you interact with are aware of the need to face the person who is "listening with their eyes" to participate in the conversation. The organization also provides networking and social opportunities for the hard of hearing population. Call 423-624-1669 for more information.