Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
'Listening With Eyes'
Do You Need to Attend Defensive Hearing School?
Let My People Hear is a nonprofit organization that helps deaf and hearing impaired people communicate through skills taught at Defensive Hearing School.
Courses focus on lip reading, protection and prevention of further hearing loss, and advocacy to ensure more successful communication skills. Teenagers and youth are the largest growing population experiencing hearing loss. Currently Let My People Hear is working with schools and youth organizations seeking people that could benefit from the information they provide. Defensive Hearing Courses center around lip reading instruction and making sure the people you interact with are aware of the need to face the person who is "listening with their eyes" to participate in the conversation. The organization also provides networking and social opportunities for the hard of hearing population. Call 423-624-1669 for more information.