Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Dock Collapses Under Michigan Wedding Party
Originally published on Tue June 26, 2012 8:25 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with, as the bride put it, a story to tell the grandkids. A Michigan couple wed at a lakeside resort, and what better place for a photo than on the dock. When the wedding party lined up, the dock collapsed. So along with the bride and groom, everyone took the plunge, as the Grand Rapids Press put it. Thanks to the wedding videographer, you can see it all on the Web, plus another video of a different wedding party falling into a lake. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.