Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Dock Collapses Under Michigan Wedding Party
Originally published on Tue June 26, 2012 8:25 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne with, as the bride put it, a story to tell the grandkids. A Michigan couple wed at a lakeside resort, and what better place for a photo than on the dock. When the wedding party lined up, the dock collapsed. So along with the bride and groom, everyone took the plunge, as the Grand Rapids Press put it. Thanks to the wedding videographer, you can see it all on the Web, plus another video of a different wedding party falling into a lake. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.