Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Bittersweet Balloon Release
DUI Victim's Family Hopes To Save Lives
A drunk driver killed twenty-five-year-old Kevin Yates last year. After the funeral, his family got busy--they founded a nonprofit called 1N3 that works to prevent future DUI deaths. On August 1st, the one-year anniversary of her son's death, they hosted a special ceremony, a bittersweet balloon release, to remember all victims of drunk driving. The family says there's a real chance you'll be affected by DUI--one in three of us are.