Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Bittersweet Balloon Release
DUI Victim's Family Hopes To Save Lives
A drunk driver killed twenty-five-year-old Kevin Yates last year. After the funeral, his family got busy--they founded a nonprofit called 1N3 that works to prevent future DUI deaths. On August 1st, the one-year anniversary of her son's death, they hosted a special ceremony, a bittersweet balloon release, to remember all victims of drunk driving. The family says there's a real chance you'll be affected by DUI--one in three of us are.