Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
Arts & Culture
East Brainerd 'Backlot' Provides Meeting Space, Networking for Filmmakers
Do you dream about being on stage, or in front of a camera? What about being involved with sound or lighting aspects of a film?
You can at The Backlot - a PLACE For Filmmakers. Every 3rd Monday of each month at The Heritage House in East Brainerd, The Backlot staff present a film professional who talks about sound, or special FX, or make-up, or casting calls, and other aspects of the film industry. The Backlot also screens recently-produced works by local filmmakers. It’s a beehive for those interested in working in film, either in front or behind the camera.
WUTC’s Mark Colbert spoke to Arts Assistant Kris Jones and Chris Holley, manager of the Heritage House.