Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
East Chattanooga's Glass House Collective Awards $30,000 Grants to 3 Artists
Rondell Crier, Eric ‘Seven’ Finely and Rebekah Mawuko have each been given $30,000 grants and studio space on Glass Street as part of the Glass House Collective’s continuing initiatives to revitalize the East Chattanooga neighborhood.
It was almost two years when WUTC first reported on the Glass House Collective. Working in one of the hardest hit neighborhoods in Chattanooga, the Collective, three young people with lots of energy and a dream, has begun to make its mark on the community. For the past two years they’ve been focused mostly on infrastructure, but beginning tomorrow they are embarking on a new and ambitious initiative centering on the people in the community.