Most Active Stories
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- The Civil Air Patrol Places Wreaths at Chattanooga National Cemetery
- The Impressions Are Still Singing, Still Recording in their 80's
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Arts & Culture
Ensemble Theatre's 'Lunch Money' Teaches Bullying Awareness
The Ensemble Theatre of Chattanooga's production Lunch Money is based on children's real experiences with bullying, and is intended to open a dialogue among children. Eleven Ooltewah Middle School students recently performed it. In this segment, Ensemble Theatre Artistic Director Garry Lee Posey, Ooltewah Middle theater teacher Chris Cooper and student Ryan Cain talk about the play's impact and where it may next be seen. The play can be customized for different schools--it can be re-written to reflect the specific experiences of children at each location where it is staged.
At Ooltewah, it was sponsored by Students Taking a Right Stand and ArtsBuild.