Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
We Have The Power
EV Charging Network: We Built It, But Will They Come?
As part of Ecotality's nationwide, $230 million-dollar EV Project, Chattanooga businesses have installed electric vehicle chargers in more than twenty locations around the city. Right now, local drivers don't stop by very often for a power-up.
However, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Nashville are part of a "charging corridor," a special network of EV chargers that could bring in tourists who own Nissan Leafs.