Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Ex-Flint Mayor Displays His Own Statue
Originally published on Mon November 5, 2012 10:07 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. Losers in this year's election can at least aspire to follow the example of Don Williamson. In 2009, he was mayor of Flint, Michigan and resigned while facing a recall movement. But now he's been immortalized. The Flint Journal reports he has a statue of himself on his lawn. It resembles a statue you'd see in a courthouse square. The ex-mayor says it's left over from a business he once ran. And it is inscribed with the words, Success is the best revenge. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.