Most Active Stories
- What Frank Tavares, the ‘Voice of NPR,’ is Doing Today
- Chattanooga Native Bill Dedman Co-Authors ‘Empty Mansions’ Bestseller
- Local Infant Mortality Rates Decrease, But African-Americans Still Disproportionately Affected
- Kentucky Southern Baptists Draw Crowds With Gun Giveaways
- Ask the Doc: Should I Eat Backwards?
The Extraordinary Lives Of Ordinary North Koreans
Originally published on Sat April 6, 2013 4:55 pm
Amid a cascade of headline news from North Korea, often forgotten are the 24 million average citizens living under the most authoritarian regime in the world. Host Jacki Lyden speaks with Barbara Demick of the Los Angeles Times on the lives of ordinary North Koreans.