Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
Arts & Culture
'FACADE' Event at UTC Features Poetry, Music, Art, & Animation
A collaboration with the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga's Music, Art, and Theater departments along with the artistic creations of local school children brings together a project more than a year in the making. FACADE will be performed on Thursday September 5th in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall at the Fine Arts Center on UTC's campus.
The project director is Nikolasa Tejero from UTC's Music Department and the video director is Angela Dittmar from UTC's Art Department. The music of Sir William Walton is accompanied by a recitation of poetry written by Dame Edith Sitwell. The video that accompanies this piece includes animation of artwork created by students from Battle Academy, Barger Academy, Hixson Middle School, Howard and Normal Park School. Musicians include faculty performing as their annual recitals.
There will be 2 performances of FACADE on Thursday September 5th. The matinee starts at 10:30 with an evening performance scheduled for 7:30 in the Roland Hayes Concert Hall. Both performances are free and open to the public.