Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Family Finds Medieval Well Under Their House
Originally published on Fri August 31, 2012 12:48 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. A family in England noticed an indentation on the floor under their couch. It was covering a 33-foot deep medieval well. Colin Steer was curious. He dug a foot down before his wife made him stop. There are kids in the house, she told him. Now retired, Colin's back to work. He's dug 17 feet and already found a sword. What else lies beneath? His wife is not that excited. She told The Telegraph, when they try to sell the house this well better not be the elephant in the room. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.