Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
Federal Fund Helps Fight Against Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Fund is a mortgage assistance program available to eighteen states in the US, one of those states being Tennessee.
In 2011, Tennessee received over 200 million dollars to help homeowners at risk of losing their homes. If a homeowner has been unemployed, had a reduction of income, or is currently on long-term disability, the person is eligible for Hardest Hit funding.
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise (also known as CNE) is an organization dedicated to educating individuals about the Hardest Hit Fund and other mortgage options.