Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- Tennessee State Rep. Eric Watson, Others Discuss Pros And Cons Of Arming Teachers
Federal Fund Helps Fight Against Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Fund is a mortgage assistance program available to eighteen states in the US, one of those states being Tennessee.
In 2011, Tennessee received over 200 million dollars to help homeowners at risk of losing their homes. If a homeowner has been unemployed, had a reduction of income, or is currently on long-term disability, the person is eligible for Hardest Hit funding.
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise (also known as CNE) is an organization dedicated to educating individuals about the Hardest Hit Fund and other mortgage options.