Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- Monday, March 23’s Giveaway: HD Radios
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
Federal Fund Helps Fight Against Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Fund is a mortgage assistance program available to eighteen states in the US, one of those states being Tennessee.
In 2011, Tennessee received over 200 million dollars to help homeowners at risk of losing their homes. If a homeowner has been unemployed, had a reduction of income, or is currently on long-term disability, the person is eligible for Hardest Hit funding.
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise (also known as CNE) is an organization dedicated to educating individuals about the Hardest Hit Fund and other mortgage options.