Most Active Stories
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Book News: A 'Treasure' Of Thrilling Westerns from Tim Champlin
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
Federal Fund Helps Fight Against Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Fund is a mortgage assistance program available to eighteen states in the US, one of those states being Tennessee.
In 2011, Tennessee received over 200 million dollars to help homeowners at risk of losing their homes. If a homeowner has been unemployed, had a reduction of income, or is currently on long-term disability, the person is eligible for Hardest Hit funding.
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise (also known as CNE) is an organization dedicated to educating individuals about the Hardest Hit Fund and other mortgage options.