Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Federal Fund Helps Fight Against Foreclosure
The Hardest Hit Fund is a mortgage assistance program available to eighteen states in the US, one of those states being Tennessee.
In 2011, Tennessee received over 200 million dollars to help homeowners at risk of losing their homes. If a homeowner has been unemployed, had a reduction of income, or is currently on long-term disability, the person is eligible for Hardest Hit funding.
Chattanooga Neighborhood Enterprise (also known as CNE) is an organization dedicated to educating individuals about the Hardest Hit Fund and other mortgage options.