Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Arts & Culture
Final Performance of The Suntones
The Suntones have been singing four part harmony as a barbershop quartet for more than half a century. They were the 1961 International Gold Medal Quartet winners in the Barbershop Harmony Society International competition and went on to become a regular feature on the Jackie Gleason Show filmed in Miami Florida.
The final performance of The Suntones will be this weekend as they take the stage with several other International gold medal winners. The annual Show of Champions hosted by the Sound of Tennessee Chorus will be held Saturday May 19th at the Conn Center on the campus of Lee University. This showcase of award winning barbershop quartets celebrates the four part harmony that has been a popular vocal style since the 1940s. The Show of Champions will feature 3 gold medal winning quartets including Cleveland's own 2002 International gold medal winners Four Voices. Vocal Spectrum is the 2006 winner and from 1961, The Suntones will be featured in their final performance. Other performers include the 2011 International Silver Medalist Collegiate Quartet The Vigilantes and the Sound of Tennessee Chorus.
Advance tickets are available online or by calling 423-479-2553.