Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Fish Fry with the Children's Advocacy Center
For 21 years the Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County has been working with children and their families when there are allegations of child sexual abuse. The center houses a small medical examining area with rooms designed for trained forensic interviews and counseling offices. When a child becomes an alleged victim of sexual abuse or extreme physical abuse the Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County will team up with law enforcement, child protective services, medical professionals and counselors to document events and help the child moving forward. The Center also provides advocacy and education to help identify child abuse and end it.
On May 11, 2012 the Children's Advocacy Center of Hamilton County is hosting a benefit. Fish & Chips Mayberry Style promises to be a fun filled causal evening that includes a silent auction, gaming tables, prizes and a country style fish fry. Fish and Chips Mayberry Style begins at 7:00 pm and well be held at the Car Barn located at 6721 Heritage Business Court near the intersection of Lee Highway and Highway 153. Contact Katy Murphy at 423-244-6918 for tickets.