Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
Food For Summer With the Children's Summer Feeding Program
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank received a grant from Conagra to help provide food for the Children's Summer Feeding Program.
For far too many children, summer can be a hungry time without school lunches to provide food for the day. The Summer Feeding Program delivers meals to children, taking boxed lunches right to where children play during the summer break. The program also provides a bag of food for the family on Fridays, extending the Sack Pack program usually provided in the schools. Marisa Ogles and Jessica Sullivan work for the Chattanooga Area Food Bank and help explain the Children's Summer Feeding Program.