Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Food For Summer With the Children's Summer Feeding Program
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank received a grant from Conagra to help provide food for the Children's Summer Feeding Program.
For far too many children, summer can be a hungry time without school lunches to provide food for the day. The Summer Feeding Program delivers meals to children, taking boxed lunches right to where children play during the summer break. The program also provides a bag of food for the family on Fridays, extending the Sack Pack program usually provided in the schools. Marisa Ogles and Jessica Sullivan work for the Chattanooga Area Food Bank and help explain the Children's Summer Feeding Program.