Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Food For Summer With the Children's Summer Feeding Program
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank received a grant from Conagra to help provide food for the Children's Summer Feeding Program.
For far too many children, summer can be a hungry time without school lunches to provide food for the day. The Summer Feeding Program delivers meals to children, taking boxed lunches right to where children play during the summer break. The program also provides a bag of food for the family on Fridays, extending the Sack Pack program usually provided in the schools. Marisa Ogles and Jessica Sullivan work for the Chattanooga Area Food Bank and help explain the Children's Summer Feeding Program.