Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Football Star's Trial Revisited In "A Matter Of Conscience"
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – Dr. Sherry Lee Hoppe always knew her husband Bobby had a dark secret, but she never knew the extent of it. Most people knew Bobby Hoppe was a football star, a successful Chattanooga athlete who played in the NFL, but years ago when Sherry Lee and Bobby got engaged, he told her part of the secret.
In this interview, she discusses how that secret led to a 1988 murder trial with her husband as the defendant. During the trial, Bobby took the stand and finally told his story. Sherry writes about in her book A Matter of Conscience, Redemption of a hometown hero, Bobby Hoppe.