Most Active Stories
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- St. Elmo Holiday Hop Features Food, Art, Open Houses & More 12/14
- CSAS Tops the List of Chattanooga's Grade Schools in 2013 Report
Free Lunch for Thursday, August 28th
Chattanooga, TN – The Free Lunch for Thursday, August 28th will be the latest, and most likely the final, album from the legendary Warren Zevon. The album is titled The Wind and was recorded after Zevon was diagnosed with Mesothelioma, an inoperable form of lung cancer.
Instead of succumbing to the illness, Zevon chose to devote all of his waning energy into making The Wind. However, the album is not necessarily about his illness, but more a typical Zevon album of sardonic wit and cynical observations. He does offer a special message to his friends and family with Keep Me in Your Heart, the album's final song.
Speaking of friends, Zevon isn't lacking in that department. A host of musical guests provide background vocals and instruments to the album. Helping on vocals are several unknown artists like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, and Dwight Yoakum. Providing assistance with the instrumental sound of The Wind are the likes of Ry Cooder, Dave Lindley, Joe Walsh, and Don Henley.
The Wind is most likely Zevon's final album and critics hail it as a masterpiece.
The album will be played in its entirety on Thursday, August 28, 2003.
For more information on Warren Zevon, or to send him a message, visit warrenzevon.com