Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Free Lunch for Thursday, July 31
Chattanooga, TN – Tony Furtado is a renowned slide guitarist/banjo player and known for his progressive bluegrass and Celtic stylings.
Originally from Boulder CO, Furtado studied music and art at Cal State Hayward. He then turned heads in Kansas by winning the Grand National Banjo Championship. In 1992 Furtado released his first album "Swamped," on Rounder records.
On Thursday, WUTC will broadcast Furtado's latest release of jam band-bluegrass; this time in a live setting. The album is appropriately titled "Tony Furtado and the American Gypsies Live." The album is on the Rounder record label.
"Live Gypsy" is Furtado's 8th album and certainly a landmark for the "Experimental Americana," genre.
More information on Tony Furtado and his music can be found at tonyfurtado.com