Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Listening to the Lake Sturgeon in the Tennessee River
Free Lunch for Tuesday, August 19
Chattanooga, TN – The Free Lunch for Tuesday, August 19th will be the latest release from the blistering Derek Trucks Band. The album Soul Serenade, is released on Columbia records.
Derek Trucks has made a name for himself as a guitar phenom. He began playing guitar when he was nine and eventually landed a coveted spot with The Allman Brothers playing guitar on Hittin' the Note. His uncle is the drummer Butch Trucks, also of Allman Brother fame.
Soul Serenade is a bit different from the gritty southern rock sound that the Allman Brothers issue. The album is essentially jazz-based, with Trucks serving as the backbone on lead guitar. Other band members include Kofi Burbridge, Todd Smallie, Yonrico Scott, and Deadric Malone.
The album will be played in its entirety on WUTC Tuesday beginning at noon.
And if you like what you hear, The Derek Trucks Band will be performing at Rhythm and Brews on Saturday, Oct. 18. For information on tickets, contact Rhythm-Brews.com