Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Free Lunch for Tuesday, Feb. 25
By Sean Phipps
Chattanooga, TN – Tuesday's free lunch feature renowned mandolin player, Matt Flinner, and his new album "Walking on the Moon," with the Matt Flinner quartet.
For years, Matt Flinner has been gathering a reputation as one of the world's most inventive and original mandolin players. His style is indicative of early jazz/rock fusion and even delves into the land of funk.
Flinner's new album, Walking on the Moon, showcases his diverse musicality in true form. Along with guitarist, Gawainn Mathews, of the Tony Furtado band, electric-bassist, Same Bevan, and drummer Aaron Marshall, the "Matt Flinner Quartet" takes bluegrass and throws it into a proverbial blender.
There is definitely some beautiful music on "Walking on the Moon," especially several cover songs including, Caravan/Cissy Strut, a medley of the Ellington/Tizol "caravan" and "cissy strut" by Neville/Nocentelli/Porter.
For more information on Matt Flinner albums, www.compassrecords.com