Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Free Lunch for Tuesday, Feb. 25
By Sean Phipps
Chattanooga, TN – Tuesday's free lunch feature renowned mandolin player, Matt Flinner, and his new album "Walking on the Moon," with the Matt Flinner quartet.
For years, Matt Flinner has been gathering a reputation as one of the world's most inventive and original mandolin players. His style is indicative of early jazz/rock fusion and even delves into the land of funk.
Flinner's new album, Walking on the Moon, showcases his diverse musicality in true form. Along with guitarist, Gawainn Mathews, of the Tony Furtado band, electric-bassist, Same Bevan, and drummer Aaron Marshall, the "Matt Flinner Quartet" takes bluegrass and throws it into a proverbial blender.
There is definitely some beautiful music on "Walking on the Moon," especially several cover songs including, Caravan/Cissy Strut, a medley of the Ellington/Tizol "caravan" and "cissy strut" by Neville/Nocentelli/Porter.
For more information on Matt Flinner albums, www.compassrecords.com