Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Free Lunch For Tuesday, October 21
Chattanooga, TN – The Free Lunch For Tuesday, October 21, will be the new album from Van Morrison. His latest release is titled What's Wrong With This Picture? and was released on Blue Note Records.
Van Morrison is a permanent fixture in many of our lives. His songs speak out to you as only Van Morrison can. His latest release is a refreshing return to the Van Morrison of old.
What's Wrong With This Picture? is an album much like Morrison's 2002 release of Down the Road. Only this time he replaces the bitterness with subtle humor and contentment.
It is also similar in that Morrison extrapolates the contemporary jazz feel of his most recent albums even more so in What's Wrong With This Picture?
Tom Jurek, an album reviewer for ALLMUSIC.com, says that What's With This Picture? contains some of Morrison's greatest songs.
This is the sound of an artist who is comfortable making a break with his past because it is not a break; he understands it as the next part of a continuum that goes deeper and wider than anyone else ever expected. This is the sound of self-assurance as it articulates itself with grace and aplomb.
Van Morrison's What's Wrong With This Picture? will be played in its entirety on Tuesday at Noon.
For more information on Van Morrison and his music, visit bluenote.com