Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Fresh Air Weekend
Fresh Air Weekend: Paul McCartney, Aziz Ansari
Originally published on Sat April 7, 2012 1:11 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Paul McCartney Blows 'Kisses' To His Father's Era: McCartney recently released a collection of standards — songs he heard while growing up in Liverpool. He talks about several of those songs, and his own songwriting, from his home studio.
Aziz Ansari's Latest Is 'Dangerously Delicious': The comedian, who plays Tom Haverford on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, just released a new comedy special directly on his website. He's also embarking on a multicity tour, where he'll be riffing on the things that terrify him — marriage, for instance, and babies.