Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- So Lit Book Club discusses 'Bringing It to the Table' by Wendell Berry
Fresh Air Weekend
Fresh Air Weekend: Paul McCartney, Aziz Ansari
Originally published on Sat April 7, 2012 1:11 pm
Fresh Air Weekend highlights some of the best interviews and reviews from past weeks, and new program elements specially paced for weekends. Our weekend show emphasizes interviews with writers, filmmakers, actors, and musicians, and often includes excerpts from live in-studio concerts. This week:
Paul McCartney Blows 'Kisses' To His Father's Era: McCartney recently released a collection of standards — songs he heard while growing up in Liverpool. He talks about several of those songs, and his own songwriting, from his home studio.
Aziz Ansari's Latest Is 'Dangerously Delicious': The comedian, who plays Tom Haverford on the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation, just released a new comedy special directly on his website. He's also embarking on a multicity tour, where he'll be riffing on the things that terrify him — marriage, for instance, and babies.