Most Active Stories
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Celebration of Southern Literature: What Charles Frazier Thinks of 'Cold Mountain' Opera
- How Candidates Announce Can Say A Lot About Their Campaigns
- Muse of Fire: Ten Original Short Plays Written by Kids, Acted by Adults
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Gaining Ground Winners Discuss Projects
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground, Chattanooga's coordinated movement to advance the local food system, has awarded more than $195,000 to four projects designed to boost the production and use of locally grown food in the Chattanooga area.
The director of Gaining Ground, Jeff Fitzer, joins us to discuss the four winners of the food ideas competition and the mission of Gaining Ground.
Gaining Ground will offer assistance to all four of the proposal teams. Those selected were the Main Street Farmer's Market, the Chattanooga Chef's Collaborative, the Sustainable Regional Farmer's Cooperative and Dixie Produce.