Most Active Stories
- 'A Christmas Story, The Musical' Adds New Depth to Beloved Characters
- Choral Arts of Chattanooga Presents 'Wonderful Peace' Holiday Concert 12/13
- Non-Verbal & Non-Linear, Jill Burton’s Singing Creates Spontaneous Soundscapes
- Give a meaningful gift through WUTC
- UTC recognized by U.S. News and World Report for work with student veterans
Gaining Ground Winners Discuss Projects
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground, Chattanooga's coordinated movement to advance the local food system, has awarded more than $195,000 to four projects designed to boost the production and use of locally grown food in the Chattanooga area.
The director of Gaining Ground, Jeff Fitzer, joins us to discuss the four winners of the food ideas competition and the mission of Gaining Ground.
Gaining Ground will offer assistance to all four of the proposal teams. Those selected were the Main Street Farmer's Market, the Chattanooga Chef's Collaborative, the Sustainable Regional Farmer's Cooperative and Dixie Produce.