Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
- Solar Eclipse Wows Parts Of Europe, Middle East And Russia
- Monday, March 23’s Giveaway: HD Radios
- TN Valley Wild Ones: Planting Milkweed to Save Monarchs
Gaining Ground Winners Discuss Projects
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground, Chattanooga's coordinated movement to advance the local food system, has awarded more than $195,000 to four projects designed to boost the production and use of locally grown food in the Chattanooga area.
The director of Gaining Ground, Jeff Fitzer, joins us to discuss the four winners of the food ideas competition and the mission of Gaining Ground.
Gaining Ground will offer assistance to all four of the proposal teams. Those selected were the Main Street Farmer's Market, the Chattanooga Chef's Collaborative, the Sustainable Regional Farmer's Cooperative and Dixie Produce.