Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Gaining Ground Winners Discuss Projects
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground, Chattanooga's coordinated movement to advance the local food system, has awarded more than $195,000 to four projects designed to boost the production and use of locally grown food in the Chattanooga area.
The director of Gaining Ground, Jeff Fitzer, joins us to discuss the four winners of the food ideas competition and the mission of Gaining Ground.
Gaining Ground will offer assistance to all four of the proposal teams. Those selected were the Main Street Farmer's Market, the Chattanooga Chef's Collaborative, the Sustainable Regional Farmer's Cooperative and Dixie Produce.