Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
- VW Chattanooga Not Only Gets New SUV; Also Gets New Research Center
Gaining Ground Winners Discuss Projects
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground, Chattanooga's coordinated movement to advance the local food system, has awarded more than $195,000 to four projects designed to boost the production and use of locally grown food in the Chattanooga area.
The director of Gaining Ground, Jeff Fitzer, joins us to discuss the four winners of the food ideas competition and the mission of Gaining Ground.
Gaining Ground will offer assistance to all four of the proposal teams. Those selected were the Main Street Farmer's Market, the Chattanooga Chef's Collaborative, the Sustainable Regional Farmer's Cooperative and Dixie Produce.