Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Gallery Hop This Weekend
By Julie Steele
Chattanooga, TN – The Association for Visual Arts presents the 5th annual Downtown Chattanooga Gallery Hop this weekend. This year's gallery hoop will feature more than 30 galleries and artist studios all open to the public for this one-night event, Saturday from 2-9 p.m. It's a collaborative celebration of Chattanooga's acclaimed arts community.
During Gallery Hop, the public can meet local artists, watch live art demonstrations and learn about the artists' creative processes at their studios. Galleries will have special exhibitions on display and refreshments will be provided at most venues. A brochure which features a map and a listing of gallery and artist descriptions along with detailed contact information will be available at all participating galleries. It is a specially designed guide that will allow "hoppers" to create their own route during the event and can also be used by visitors to the area throughout the year. For more information on the Gallery Hop and a downloadable map visit avarts.org.