Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Gold Mail Boxes Honor Britain's Gold Medalists
Originally published on Fri August 17, 2012 11:06 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. The royal mail has been honoring team Great Britain's gold medalists by painting some of those iconic British red postboxes gold. Rob Smith was upset. His Olympic hero's mailbox was painted in the athlete's hometown, instead of in Lymington where the athlete currently lives and where Mr. Smith lives. And so Mr. Smith painted a mailbox himself. He was arrested, but locals rallied behind him and now that mailbox will stay gold. A win for Mr. Smith. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.