Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
GOP Sensitive To Political Damage A Storm Can Do
Republicans gathered for their convention in Tampa are nervously watching the track of Hurricane Isaac. Many delegates and guests are concerned about the potential for split-screen images of a partying convention-goers and storm victims on the Gulf Coast. Wednesday is also is the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina making landfall, and the storm is conjuring images of the bungled federal, state, and local response to the storm.