Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Why Some East Tennesseans Drink Raw Milk
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
- Filmmaker Daniel Griffith Celebrates Mystery Science Theater 3000 in New Documentary
GOP Sensitive To Political Damage A Storm Can Do
Republicans gathered for their convention in Tampa are nervously watching the track of Hurricane Isaac. Many delegates and guests are concerned about the potential for split-screen images of a partying convention-goers and storm victims on the Gulf Coast. Wednesday is also is the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina making landfall, and the storm is conjuring images of the bungled federal, state, and local response to the storm.