Most Active Stories
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
- Start It Up Episode 19: Program Propels Young Businesses to Next Level
GPS Student Organizes Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive June 9th
Anjali Chandra, a Girls Preparatory School Student, says that people of South Asian ethnic origin are particularly needed as potential bone marrow donors.
"There is a vast shortage of South Asian bone marrow donors. An individual of South Asian origin has as 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match," she says.
The drive will take place at the Chattanooga Christian Assembly (CCA) on Sunday, June 9th from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. People can call (423) 499-9888 for more information.