Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
GPS Student Organizes Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive June 9th
Anjali Chandra, a Girls Preparatory School Student, says that people of South Asian ethnic origin are particularly needed as potential bone marrow donors.
"There is a vast shortage of South Asian bone marrow donors. An individual of South Asian origin has as 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match," she says.
The drive will take place at the Chattanooga Christian Assembly (CCA) on Sunday, June 9th from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. People can call (423) 499-9888 for more information.