Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
GPS Student Organizes Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive June 9th
Anjali Chandra, a Girls Preparatory School Student, says that people of South Asian ethnic origin are particularly needed as potential bone marrow donors.
"There is a vast shortage of South Asian bone marrow donors. An individual of South Asian origin has as 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match," she says.
The drive will take place at the Chattanooga Christian Assembly (CCA) on Sunday, June 9th from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. People can call (423) 499-9888 for more information.