Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
GPS Student Organizes Bone Marrow Donor Registry Drive June 9th
Anjali Chandra, a Girls Preparatory School Student, says that people of South Asian ethnic origin are particularly needed as potential bone marrow donors.
"There is a vast shortage of South Asian bone marrow donors. An individual of South Asian origin has as 1 in 20,000 chance of finding a compatible bone marrow match," she says.
The drive will take place at the Chattanooga Christian Assembly (CCA) on Sunday, June 9th from 12:30 pm to 3:30 pm. People can call (423) 499-9888 for more information.