Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
Great Caesar's Ghost! Clark Kent Quits 'Daily Planet'
Originally published on Mon October 22, 2012 5:53 pm
Another reporter has quit the mainstream news business because he thinks there's too much emphasis on entertainment rather than old-fashioned reporting:
"In Superman issue 13, the Man of Steel's alter ego, mild-mannered reporter Clark Kent, quits the Metropolis newspaper that has been his employer since the DC Comics superhero's earliest days in 1940," USA Today says.
And he "quits in front of the whole staff and rails on how journalism has given way to entertainment — in a not-so-mild-mannered fashion," USA Today adds.
It looks like Clark will start or join a news blog, which we suppose is a realistic thing for a "print" reporter to do these days. Less true to life, though, as Reuters social media editor Matthew Keys (@ProducerMatthew) points out, may be the way he's left his job: