Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
Guerrilla Urbanism in Chattanooga
Grassroots efforts to improve your community is a form of guerrilla urbanism and in Chattanooga this past month the issue targeted by the River City Company includes promoting more walking. Park your car and walk around downtown and to help encourage this signs were posted at intersections pointing the way to local attractions with estimated walking times.
Walk downtown was inspired by the work of Matt Tomasulo's guerrilla wayfaring program in Raleigh North Carolina. If you have seen the signs or would like to see more signage promoting walking in downtown Chattanooga leave a comment on this blog or visit Chattanooga Downtown on Facebook.