Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Guerrilla Urbanism in Chattanooga
Grassroots efforts to improve your community is a form of guerrilla urbanism and in Chattanooga this past month the issue targeted by the River City Company includes promoting more walking. Park your car and walk around downtown and to help encourage this signs were posted at intersections pointing the way to local attractions with estimated walking times.
Walk downtown was inspired by the work of Matt Tomasulo's guerrilla wayfaring program in Raleigh North Carolina. If you have seen the signs or would like to see more signage promoting walking in downtown Chattanooga leave a comment on this blog or visit Chattanooga Downtown on Facebook.