Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Guerrilla Urbanism in Chattanooga
Grassroots efforts to improve your community is a form of guerrilla urbanism and in Chattanooga this past month the issue targeted by the River City Company includes promoting more walking. Park your car and walk around downtown and to help encourage this signs were posted at intersections pointing the way to local attractions with estimated walking times.
Walk downtown was inspired by the work of Matt Tomasulo's guerrilla wayfaring program in Raleigh North Carolina. If you have seen the signs or would like to see more signage promoting walking in downtown Chattanooga leave a comment on this blog or visit Chattanooga Downtown on Facebook.