Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Guerrilla Urbanism in Chattanooga
Grassroots efforts to improve your community is a form of guerrilla urbanism and in Chattanooga this past month the issue targeted by the River City Company includes promoting more walking. Park your car and walk around downtown and to help encourage this signs were posted at intersections pointing the way to local attractions with estimated walking times.
Walk downtown was inspired by the work of Matt Tomasulo's guerrilla wayfaring program in Raleigh North Carolina. If you have seen the signs or would like to see more signage promoting walking in downtown Chattanooga leave a comment on this blog or visit Chattanooga Downtown on Facebook.