Most Active Stories
- A GeoCASH Adventure: Community Foundation of Greater Chattanooga Offers $35K in Prizes 9/13
- Could Alcohol Abuse Cause Dementia?
- Reflection Riding's Native Plant Sale Starts 9/12
- Time Is Running Out To Be Double-Entered In WUTC's Hawaiian Giveaway
- The Cast Iron Cook-Off Returns to the Chattanooga Market September 14th
Around the Nation
Hackers Disrupt Burger King's Twitter Account
Originally published on Tue February 19, 2013 12:33 pm
LINDA WERTHEIMER, HOST:
Good morning, I'm Linda Wertheimer.
Unknown hackers captured Burger King's Twitter account for more than an hour yesterday. They changed BK's bio, saying the company was sold to rival McDonald's because the Whopper had flopped. McDonald's sent the message: We didn't do it. The hackers did bring Burger King 30,000 new followers. BK recovered its account and tweeted: Interesting day.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.