Most Active Stories
- Start It Up Episode 28: Dynepic and Artiphon Shine at 36/86 Conference
- Cleveland Museum Exhibit Explores African & Native American History
- 'It's Like Having A Crazy Family Member': On Southern Black Folks And The Rebel Flag
- Best Job Ever - Deli Owner
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
Women affected by war and other hardships in Africa create handmade goods as part of Amani Ya Juu’s economic development program. Amani is an international, fair-trade network with five locations in Africa, as well as one in Washington, D.C. and a distribution center in Chattanooga.
Amani will host a holiday sale/open house December 5th through the 7th . The public is invited to visit the Chattanooga location. Handmade goods such as clothing, kitchen items, purses and Christmas ornaments will be for sale, and customers can get a 25% discount on one item of their choice. The center will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. each day during the sale.
Amani Chattanooga is located at 420 South Willow Street.
New On South Willow St.