Most Active Stories
- North Korea Claims Missile Launch From Submerged Submarine
- They Speak Hebrew And Keep Kosher: The Left-Behind Ethiopian Jews
- Anna Carll Hopes Her Paintings 'Punch You in the Face'
- UTC Student Robert Fisher is the University's Third Rhodes Scholar
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
Around the Nation
Happy National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day
Originally published on Mon January 28, 2013 10:11 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne on National Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day. Tissue, shredded paper and pressed packing material - none have inspired the kind of adoration that leads to a fan base. But then, none offer the delicious sound and sensation of popping bubble wrap. So on this day we can contemplate the bride who wore a bubble wrap wedding gown and the football players who took the field in bubble wrap helmets. Or grab some bubble wrap and - all together, now - jump. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.