Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
Hart Gallery Helps Homeless Artists
By Michael Edward Miller
Michael Edward Miller
Chattanooga, TN – A new art gallery in Chattanooga helps homeless people create and sell artwork-sometimes enough to finally afford housing. Today we're talking to Ellen Heavilon, who started the Hart Gallery in the Southside's growing art district. She says she started the place not just because she loves fine art, but specifically to help the homeless, political refugees and other non-traditional artists.