Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground is a local food movement encouraging consumers to purchase locally grown and raised food. To help them identify local food a new label is available. Harvested Here is a deep green, yellow and white label saying Chattanooga Grown - Within 100 Miles.
Gaining Ground works with farmers and meat producers to complete the paperwork certifying their products are grown or raised within 100 miles of Chattanooga. Once complete, they can add the Harvested Here label to their products. Restaurants are also encouraged to support Harvested Here by purchasing local food and alerting customers when menu items include locally harvested or raised food products. Participation in the Harvested Here program is provided free to participating farmers and merchants.