Most Active Stories
- Man, Dog Reunited 9 Days After Tornado Flattened Ill. Town
- In A Band? The Chattanooga Music Database Seeks Info
- Compassionate Friends Group Hosts Candlelight Vigil December 8th
- Handmade Goods That Help African Refugees: Amani Chattanooga Distributes Fair-Trade Items
- Paul’s Playlist: In This WUTC Special, Meteorologist Barys Shares Favorite Songs
By Rabbit Zielke
Chattanooga, TN – Gaining Ground is a local food movement encouraging consumers to purchase locally grown and raised food. To help them identify local food a new label is available. Harvested Here is a deep green, yellow and white label saying Chattanooga Grown - Within 100 Miles.
Gaining Ground works with farmers and meat producers to complete the paperwork certifying their products are grown or raised within 100 miles of Chattanooga. Once complete, they can add the Harvested Here label to their products. Restaurants are also encouraged to support Harvested Here by purchasing local food and alerting customers when menu items include locally harvested or raised food products. Participation in the Harvested Here program is provided free to participating farmers and merchants.