Most Active Stories
- Scientists Discover Massive New Magma Chamber Under Yellowstone
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Charity Begins at Home: Chambliss Center's Roots Go Back to 1872
- Miss Chattanooga 2015 Reaches Out to Help Others
- Castle Rock Climbing Site Protected By Conservation Easement
An Unusual Crop
Wolf Creek Apiaries supplies mixed-breed small-cell honey bees to farmers and beekeepers across the southeast.
They breed bees that are smaller than the average European honey bee and are designed to resist some of the pests that have been partially responsible for the loss of almost 95% of the honey bee population across the globe. The Seaborns sell bees that have been harvested from their bee yards. They employ organic management techniques to avoid using harsh chemicals with their bees.