Most Active Stories
- Cellphone Service Down For Thousands, But Regulators May Never Know Why
- Jewish Federation of Greater Chattanooga Hosts Enthusiastic Visitors
- Start It Up Episode 33: New Private Equity Firm Seeks Acquisitions
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Start It Up Episode 32: Angel Summit To Bring Investors to Chattanooga
An Unusual Crop
Wolf Creek Apiaries supplies mixed-breed small-cell honey bees to farmers and beekeepers across the southeast.
They breed bees that are smaller than the average European honey bee and are designed to resist some of the pests that have been partially responsible for the loss of almost 95% of the honey bee population across the globe. The Seaborns sell bees that have been harvested from their bee yards. They employ organic management techniques to avoid using harsh chemicals with their bees.