Most Active Stories
- Velo Coffee Turns to Kickstarter to Fund New Roaster
- States That Raised Minimum Wage See Faster Job Growth, Report Says
- Janisse Ray’s ‘The Seed Underground’ Explains Startling Loss of Seed Diversity
- Supernatural Suspense for Young Shapeshifters in 'Island of Fog' Series
- Signal Mountain Playhouse Presents 'The King and I' Throughout July
TN Sandhill Crane Festival
Have you ever seen a Sandhill Crane?
The 2nd Annual Tennessee Sandhill Crane Festival is January 19 and 20 at the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge.
The Sandhill Crane has been spending winters near the intersection of the Hiwassee and Tennessee Rivers since the 1990's. The festival provides information on the cranes and other wildlife that can be seen at the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency's Hiwassee Refuge. Buses will provide transportation between the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge. The festival is free and open to the public.