Most Active Stories
- Coleman Barks, Interpreter of Sufi Poet Rumi, Is Coming (Back) To Chattanooga
- Celebration of Southern Literature: Jill McCorkle on 'Life After Life' And Death
- WTCI's 'Underground Revealed' Debuts
- Celebration of Southern Literature: A Chat with 'The Joker' Himself, Andrew Hudgins
- In Rural Virginia, Truckers Can Stop For Coffee And A Physical
TN Sandhill Crane Festival
Have you ever seen a Sandhill Crane?
The 2nd Annual Tennessee Sandhill Crane Festival is January 19 and 20 at the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge.
The Sandhill Crane has been spending winters near the intersection of the Hiwassee and Tennessee Rivers since the 1990's. The festival provides information on the cranes and other wildlife that can be seen at the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency's Hiwassee Refuge. Buses will provide transportation between the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge. The festival is free and open to the public.