Most Active Stories
- Actor Theodore Bikel Dies At Age 91
- 'Mockingbird Next Door' Gives a Rare Glimpse into Harper Lee's Life
- Chattanooga: A 'Great City With a Broken Heart' After Marines Murdered
- Gunman's Motivation Unclear After Shootings At Tennessee Military Sites
- Start It Up Episode 31: Robyn Carlton Focuses Lookout Mountain Conservancy on Community
TN Sandhill Crane Festival
Have you ever seen a Sandhill Crane?
The 2nd Annual Tennessee Sandhill Crane Festival is January 19 and 20 at the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge.
The Sandhill Crane has been spending winters near the intersection of the Hiwassee and Tennessee Rivers since the 1990's. The festival provides information on the cranes and other wildlife that can be seen at the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency's Hiwassee Refuge. Buses will provide transportation between the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge. The festival is free and open to the public.