Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
TN Sandhill Crane Festival
Have you ever seen a Sandhill Crane?
The 2nd Annual Tennessee Sandhill Crane Festival is January 19 and 20 at the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge.
The Sandhill Crane has been spending winters near the intersection of the Hiwassee and Tennessee Rivers since the 1990's. The festival provides information on the cranes and other wildlife that can be seen at the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency's Hiwassee Refuge. Buses will provide transportation between the Birchwood School and the Hiwassee Refuge. The festival is free and open to the public.