Most Active Stories
- Did Cleveland, TN Really Redefine 'Mile High Club' With $42 Million in Pork?
- Lawyers Dressed in Hoodies and Bluejeans
- Tennessee’s New Breast Density Law Effective July 1, 2014
- Hunter Invitational III Features Contemporary Art By Regional Artists
- UnifiEd is Hosting Debates With the District 5 and District 9 School Board Candidates
Around the Nation
Heisman Winner RG3 Immortalized In Chicken
Originally published on Wed April 25, 2012 8:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. On balance, this is probably an honor for Robert Griffin III. The former Baylor quarterback is waiting for the NFL draft. The Washington Redskins expect to take him. And people at a Subway sandwich shop in Manhattan made a statue of Mr. Griffin. It's a bust, larger than life, made of barbecued chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and chili peppers. Griffin visited the bust and called it, quote, "cool," though he's not sure it looks very much like him. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.