Most Active Stories
- Successful Entrepreneur Paul Cummings & Foundation Leader Cordell Carter Team Up to Launch TechTown
- City of Chattanooga Designates 140-Acre Downtown Area as 'Innovation District'
- Pentagon's Money-Saver: U.S. Troops To Leave 15 European Sites
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Around the Nation
Heisman Winner RG3 Immortalized In Chicken
Originally published on Wed April 25, 2012 8:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. On balance, this is probably an honor for Robert Griffin III. The former Baylor quarterback is waiting for the NFL draft. The Washington Redskins expect to take him. And people at a Subway sandwich shop in Manhattan made a statue of Mr. Griffin. It's a bust, larger than life, made of barbecued chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and chili peppers. Griffin visited the bust and called it, quote, "cool," though he's not sure it looks very much like him. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.