Most Active Stories
- Ron Rash on 'Serena,' 'The World Made Straight' and Knowing When to End a Story
- Dancing the Neural Tango: Dr. Summa-Chadwick Talks Music & Neurological Therapy
- Start It Up Episode 18: The Ins and Outs of Managing Employees
- 10 Days of Giveaways During WUTC’s Membership Drive
- 'Dorothy Parker Would Not Approve' Is Stacy Chapman's Prize-Winning Debut Play
Tennessee Department of Veterans Affaris
Help for Tennesseans Filing for VA Benefits
The Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs (TDVA) provides assistance to US Veterans of Military Service and their families to apply for benefits offered through the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
Veterans Benefits Representatives are trained and certified to assist veterans and families to understand their options for support from the federal government. The representatives are provided with the latest information on VA benefits and claim procedures. In addition to assisting with claims, the representatives help veterans find counseling and advocate for state legislation for veterans. Women veterans can contact the TDVA for benefits specific to women. There is also a national hotline developed by the Department of Veterans Affairs to respond to questions from veterans and their families about services provided to women veterans at 855-VA-WOMEN (855-829-6636).