Most Active Stories
- Listen: CDE's Mary Poppins - The Musical
- NPR's Steve Inskeep Seeks Chattanooga, North GA Photos for 'Jacksonland' Site
- Arthur Golden (Finally!) Has A New Novel Coming Out. Here's What He Told WUTC.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: At The AIM Center, People Are Members, Not Clients
- South Carolina Distiller Promises To Make Kentucky Liquor Quicker
Help Wanted: Polar Bear Spotters
Originally published on Fri May 3, 2013 12:14 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with a summer job opportunity - if you're willing to move to the Arctic Circle and if you're not afraid of bears. The Norwegian government is looking for the polar bear spotters. Your job: to warn researchers when bears come in a little too close. A successful candidate should enjoy the outdoors and be competent with firearms. An official said polar bear spotters will not have to fire a gun as long as they have a loud voice to scare off bears. That's reassuring.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.