Most Active Stories
- To Clean a Skull: Beetles, Bones, and Business
- Harping In Harmony: Beverly Inman-Ebel Previews Free CHE Concerts
- Start It Up Ep 10: Why a Good Bookkeeper Matters and Chattanooga's Filmmaking Community is on Fire
- 'The Future West' Film Team Seeks Crowdfunding for Sequel
- Douglas Tallamy: Why Home Gardening 'Transcends the Needs of the Gardener'
Help Wanted: Polar Bear Spotters
Originally published on Fri May 3, 2013 12:14 pm
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene with a summer job opportunity - if you're willing to move to the Arctic Circle and if you're not afraid of bears. The Norwegian government is looking for the polar bear spotters. Your job: to warn researchers when bears come in a little too close. A successful candidate should enjoy the outdoors and be competent with firearms. An official said polar bear spotters will not have to fire a gun as long as they have a loud voice to scare off bears. That's reassuring.
It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.